Sunday, September 13, 2009

I am a Wikipedia ninja!

Ok, so no, not really. I am not a ninja, let alone a Wikipedia ninja. What I have become is a contributor to the world of Wikipedia. Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia that anyone can edit. And when I say anyone, I mean anyone who signs up to create an account and can click the 'edit' link. That is essentially how easy it is to make a change to an entry.

With such ease of access to make changes, one would assume that there is a lot of erroneous information on the site. It is up to other users to catch and edit those errors. As such, Wikipedia does not guarantee the validity of it's contents. So it stands to reason that using Wikipedia as a information should only be done with caution.

With that said, my personal experience with Wikipedia has been a fruitful and pleasant one. Resources and links are usually referenced so you can go to the acutal site where the information came from originally. One of my favorite cars is the S2000. It has won many accolades, too many to list in its 10 year production run. Looking through the list, it wasn't hard to find entries that could be added to its long list of reviews and awards.


No comments:

Post a Comment